On Friday, 2 March 2018 at 11:00:09 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
In any case, I expect that anyone who wants D3 is going to have a very hard time convincing Walter and Andrei that such large breaking changes would be worth it at this point.

- Jonathan M Davis

I agree. I don't think there is enough to warrant a D3 at this point.

But still, imagine if every time an architect built a house, it had to be built using the same specs as the previous house. You'd end up with garbage, piled upon garbage. In essence, you'd get C++.

So exploring ideas around what a new design might look like, can be useful too, so let's not discourage that by talking about 'forking' concerns.