On 3/7/18 12:02 PM, H. S. Teoh wrote:
On Wed, Mar 07, 2018 at 02:53:17PM +0000, Mike Parker via
Digitalmars-d-announce wrote:
On Wednesday, 7 March 2018 at 14:20:54 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
It will force everyone who compiles dmd from source to use dub. It's
not the end of the world, but I for one will not be too happy about
it.

IMO, much better than forcing everyone to compile with make, which I'm
not too happy about :-)

Touché. :-D  The good thing is that make is pretty much guaranteed to
exist in all OS installations (except Windows perhaps? But pretty much
anywhere a compiler toolchain is installed), whereas dub isn't.

You need a D compiler to build D. So dub is probably there too.

Note that I'm against having phobos being a separate dependency from the compiler, but I'm not against switching to dub for the build.

-Steve