On Monday, 5 March 2018 at 23:40:35 UTC, Atila Neves wrote:
I'd have a snowball's chance in hell convincing anyone at a "regular" company of adopting D if anyone there even imagined any of the above could happen.

We have to do better than this.

I don't think this is unusual even outside of D.
At least Microsoft seems to be willing to break your build if it moves things forward. For example, there are projects that worked fine on MSVC 15.4 (VS2017), but broke if you installed the update to 15.5 (or auto-updated in Visual Studio).
You can't test everything.

A lot of the "regular" companies, that desire high stability, typically use very old compilers and just workaround the bugs they know. For a D example, I think Sociomantic was using D1 for a long time just because it was stable for them.

And if you need stability, why would you update the compiler without local testing and reserving time to fix any issues?