On Saturday, 10 March 2018 at 11:07:56 UTC, psychoticRabbit wrote:
On Saturday, 10 March 2018 at 10:47:09 UTC, Dylan Graham wrote:

Yeah. Why should D worry about tying itself into C when it can't even interface with itself through DLLs?

A reasonable point.

But.. in any case.. people work on what they are motivated to work on.

That's really all there is to it.

That's how the open source community works.

I'm talking about the D Foundation priority list, not about the open source community surrounding it. I have nothing against betterC, the community is free to work on it, but I don't understand why it's a *priority* for the D foundation. Is there any funding involved requesting explicitly betterC support?