On Wednesday, 11 April 2018 at 06:24:38 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
On Monday, 9 April 2018 at 11:03:48 UTC, Atila Neves wrote:
Here's my blog post about my project that allows directly #including C headers in D*

https://atilanevesoncode.wordpress.com/2018/04/09/include-c-headers-in-d-code/

How do you deal with macros containing invalid D code, i.e. `#define foo(T) sizeof(T)`?

https://github.com/atilaneves/dpp/issues/22
https://github.com/atilaneves/dpp/blob/60f98e4fee2fac0117ac430216ef9c5c25c511fe/tests/issues.d#L229
https://github.com/atilaneves/dpp/blob/60f98e4fee2fac0117ac430216ef9c5c25c511fe/source/dpp/cursor/macro_.d#L55

I did the best I could having seen some macros. It's likely there are cases I've missed, or that maybe the translation in the link above doesn't work even for what it's supposed to be doing (I have no confidence about catching all the C casts for instance).

If there are other cases, I'll fix them as they're encountered. It's possible some of them can't be fixed and the user will have to work around them. Right now I have a feeling it will probably be ok. Time will tell (assuming I have users!).