On Thursday, 17 January 2019 at 01:59:29 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
On 1/16/2019 4:19 PM, H. S. Teoh wrote:
On Wed, Jan 16, 2019 at 11:43:19PM +0000, John Carter via Digitalmars-d-announce wrote:
[...]

Yes, that's one of the outstanding qualities of D, and one that I was immensely impressed with when I perused the Phobos source code for the
first time.
Bartosz Milewski is a C++ programmer and a Haskell fan. He once gave a presentation at NWCPP where he wrote a few lines of Haskell code. Then, he showed the same code written using C++ template metaprogramming.

The Haskell bits in the C++ code were highlighted in red. It was like a sea of grass with a shrubbery here and there. Interestingly, by comparing the red dots in the C++ code with the Haskell code, you could understand what the C++ was doing. Without the red highlighting, it was a hopeless wall of < > :-)

Was that a pre C++11 version of C++, or a more modern one?

It would be instructive to see that example with C++17 or even 20 and D
next to each other.