On 3/14/2011 1:38 AM, Gene P. Cross wrote:
I've amended the source to pass the strings pointer (path.ptr) after adding a
null
but the problem still persists.

I lost for what it could be and I'm certain this is where the problem is,
because
if I remove the method call, the program runs fine.

I've noticed that calling SDL_LoadBMP and passing a string literal seems to
work,
instead of a string variable. I might load all the images independently into an
array and have each object reference that array, instead of every object loading
its own.

It sounds like a bug with version of D your using. I make heavy use of toStringz with a lua wrapper I have. If you can debug your program, try doing something like this.

char* ptr = toStringz(path);
SDL_LoadBMP(ptr);

and inspect ptr before the call to SDL_LoadBMP. I would also replace string with char[]. To be sure that string isn't really wchar[] or dchar[]. Although, I imagine the compiler would catch that.