On Monday, 19 December 2022 at 22:07:15 UTC, Ali Çehreli wrote:
On 12/19/22 13:45, thebluepandabear wrote:
> On Monday, 19 December 2022 at 21:41:45 UTC, thebluepandabear
wrote:
>> Why did my replies here to someone else get deleted?
>
> Myself and this other person's reply to this thread randomly
got removed
> for no reason, I would appreciate an explanation 😕

Are you sure it was this thread? What were in those posts? Perhaps they were posted on another thread?

I follow these newsgroups with ThunderBird, which naturally keeps local copies of the posts. I've just gone through all posts in this thread and I see no difference between ThunderBird's cache and the forum interface's cache.

Note that ThunderBird does not delete any post even if a moderator removes a posting from the newsgroup. For example, when a spam gets posted, my ThunderBird will show the post even after it's been deleted from the newsgroup server.

Ali

Yeah I am sure it was on this thread. One of the posts was at https://forum.dlang.org/post/kzvnajixjdnlcupsl...@forum.dlang.org, it now shows 'Not Found'. I just replied to this person who was asking whether or not I was talking about C's `union` type (I was not), and his post and my reply seems to have magically disappeared.