On Sunday, 2 April 2023 at 15:32:05 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:

It's important to note that parallel doesn't iterate the range in parallel, it just runs the body in parallel limited by your CPU count.
**?!?**

If your `foreach` body takes a global lock (like `writeln(i);`), then it's not going to run any faster (probably slower actually).
**Ok I did have some debug writelns I commented out.**

If you can disclose more about what you are trying to do, it would be helpful.
**This seems like it would be a lot of code and explaining but let me think about how to summarize.**

Also make sure you have more than one logical CPU.
**I have 8.**