On Tuesday, 30 April 2013 at 09:18:56 UTC, anonymous wrote:
On Tuesday, 30 April 2013 at 08:42:57 UTC, JR wrote:
On Tuesday, 30 April 2013 at 02:38:27 UTC, anonymous wrote:

Don't know what's going wrong there. It works for me:
http://dpaste.dzfl.pl/5c71f80e

My bad, I switched the wrong runner/&runner and in the wrong direction. Thanks!

Any other protips?

For instance, is it possible to have MatrixWalker's F type to have a default value of a NOP void function(), have the innermost foreach loop check if the element is a function, and if so call it directly without needing FuncRunner at all?

Also, is there a clever approach to have MatrixWalker call its passed function variadically with only the arguments that its signature allows? As in;

-------------
import std.stdio;
import std.concurrency;

struct Event { /* ... type, sender, target, content and friends ... */ };

template MatrixWalker(F,E: E[I][T],I,T) {
    // note addition of Event below
    void applyFunc(ref Event evt, F func, E[I][T] matrix) {
        /* ... Inception foreach ... */
func(evt, /* only the arguments of E, I and/or T that type F accepts */);

const alias Blaawp MAJOR;
const alias Oorgle MINOR;
static void function(ref Event, MINOR)[MINOR][MAJOR] funcyMatrix;
// note no MAJOR in func sig

void populate() {
    /* ... */
}

void traverse() {
    sendMessageAdapter = void function(ref Event evt, Tid) {
        std.concurrency.send(tid, evt);
    };

alias MatrixWalker!(typeof(&sendMessageAdapter),typeof(funkyMatrix)).applyFunc apply;

    writeln("Traversing funcy matrix");
    apply(&sendMessageAdapter, funkyMatrix);
}

void main(string[] args) {
    populate();
    traverse();
}

That sounds too good to be true, but it would make me warm and fuzzy inside if I didn't have to resort to keeping a dozen adapter/shim functions around.