On Saturday, 13 June 2015 at 15:21:19 UTC, Dennis Ritchie wrote:
Hello, everyone!

I like to work with arrays of strings like `string[] strArray`, but unfortunately, they are immutable.

I do not like to work with arrays of strings such as `char[][] strArray`, because it is necessary to apply the method .dup each substring to make them work :)

Huh? You mean with string literals? That would be a rather silly reason to avoid `char[]`. Please show an example of .dup you'd like to avoid.

I understand that the type of `string[]` to D is a simple data type than `char[][]`,

Are you saying that `string[]` is simpler than `char[][]`? That's not true: `string` is an alias for `immutable(char)[]`, so `string[]` is the same as `immutable(char)[][]`.

but it seems to me that the problem is solved in C++:
std::vector<std::string> stdArray;

I wish to propose the creation of new types of data D: str, wstr, dstr, which will be the analogs of C++ `std::vector<std::string>`.

Before jumping to a solution, please elaborate on the perceived problem. I have a feeling that there is none.