On Saturday, 22 August 2015 at 07:02:40 UTC, Russel Winder wrote:
I think Go 2 is a long way off, and even then generics will not be part of the plan.

I agree that Go from Google will stay close to the ideals of the creators. I think it would be difficult get beyond that for social reasons.

But I think the mechanics Go provides are generic enough that someone could build a transpiler providing more high level convenience. I am thinking along the lines of a convenient language that can compile to both Go and Javascript... I'm tempted to have a go at it. ;)

Go UK 2015 was held yesterday. It was less a conference and more a Google "rah rah" event. It was though very clear that Google are looking for new idioms and practices to come from users other than Google, rather than what has happened to date, which is the Go central team dictating everything to everyone else.

Go UK sounds interesting. I wonder if they will have one in Oslo? Probably not :-/.