On Wednesday, 7 September 2016 at 20:37:50 UTC, jmh530 wrote:
On Wednesday, 7 September 2016 at 19:19:23 UTC, data pulverizer I don't see any reason why D can't implement pandas DataFrames without needing to change the language at all
http://pandas.pydata.org/pandas-docs/stable/generated/pandas.DataFrame.html
It's just a lot of work.

The simplest I can think of is a struct containing a tuple that contains slices of equal length and an array of strings containing column names. You could have a specialization with a two-dimensional array (or ndslice).

p.s. it goes beyond just tables, ... having dynamic capability in a static compiled language really does take computing to a different place indeed.