On Wednesday, 7 September 2016 at 20:57:15 UTC, bachmeier wrote:
I too come from the R world and I have been playing the game of flitting between R and C++; using C++ (through RCpp) to speed up slow things in R for some time and I have been looking for a better solution.

What are you doing with Rcpp that you can't do with D?

Sorry I'll correct myself again! Because R is a dynamic programming language, you could do things that you could not do in D, however they would be very inefficient. hyper-meta-programming takes this barrier away.