On Thursday, 6 October 2016 at 09:23:19 UTC, pineapple wrote:
On Thursday, 6 October 2016 at 09:17:08 UTC, pineapple wrote:
On Wednesday, 5 October 2016 at 19:30:01 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
Would just like to point out that this is design weirdness on Phobos' part - the library I've been writing does not have this problem.

It doesn't even make conceptual sense for a static array to be a range, because you can't remove elements from it.

- Jonathan M Davis

Just because the static array itself isn't a range doesn't mean that it should be necessary to do unintuitive gymnastics with it just to pass it to functions like `sort`.

I mean, people post here how often asking why static or dynamic arrays aren't being accepted by Phobos' range functions in their code?

Maybe Phobos really ought to consider another approach. Accepting things that are _valid_ as ranges and not only things that are ranges themselves has proven to be an effective strategy in mach.

+1000