On 07-08-17 22:46, Johnson Jones wrote:
On Saturday, 5 August 2017 at 20:56:10 UTC, Mike Wey wrote:

Windows will only show the taskbar icon if you are not running the application from the console.

Now in x64 it is showing, not in x86. So, not sure what's going on but at least it is showing. I was in a windows console and added a main.def but dmd says that it's not compatible with x64 or something:

main.def(1) : warning LNK4017: EXETYPE statement not supported for the target platform; ignored main.def(4) : warning LNK4017: SUBSYSTEM statement not supported for the target platform; ignored

but adding that file seemed to allow the icon like you said. I'm not doing anything different for x86 except switching gtk versions... but maybe there is a flag or setting somewhere that is causing the problem.

and, in the x64 version I get both the console and gtk app task bar icons... which is what I originally wanted and expected.

This appears to be a GTK issue, a work around might be to get the Window handle from gtk and use the Windows API to set the taskbar visibility.

Interestingly the icon shows up after restarting explorer.exe.

For 64bit apps dmd uses the microsoft linker, so you probably have to use different flags to set the subsystem.

--
Mike Wey