On Friday, 15 December 2017 at 01:49:56 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:

So... you plan on rendering more than 1000 frames per second?

I think in any case, even if the API allows it, you are probably not getting much better resolution on your non-windows systems.

Have you tried it anyway and see how it works? I think it might actually work just fine.

-Steve

The higher precision would be needed b/c updating and rendering takes time, so the sleep time would be timePerFrame - timeSpendOnRendering.

Problem is you'll need vsync anyway to avoid tearing. Applications that use their own timing to limit the framerate without using vsync are easy to recognise: they have a tear slowly moving around on the screen. It's visually even more annoying than regular tearing.