Matt Gamble wrote:

On Wednesday, 7 March 2018 at 21:02:30 UTC, ag0aep6g wrote:
On 03/07/2018 09:09 PM, ag0aep6g wrote:
----
double f() { return 1; }
void main()
{
     cast(void) f();
     cast(void) f();
     cast(void) f();
     cast(void) f();
     cast(void) f();
     cast(void) f();
     cast(void) f();
    double b = 2;
     assert(b == 2); /* fails; should pass */
}
----

With `real` instead of `double` x86_64 is also affected.

Wow. Good to know I'm not crazy. I was afk for a bit, sorry. I guess I'm glad I found it and posted. The conversation has gone beyond my realm of understanding. Has anyone tested on 2.079 like Ali wanted. I have not had a chance to install. I was going to wait to post the bug till that was tried.

sure, it is still there in git HEAD. it is not the bug that can be fixed "accidentally". %-)