On Wednesday, 31 October 2018 at 00:48:03 UTC, Joe wrote:
I'd like to know if the lack of double/float versions of 'log', 'log10', etc. are intentional, i.e., there's some rationale behind it, or an oversight.

Just laziness or people still thinking that you don't lose any performance by computing in `real` precision.

[ldc2 also reports
test.d(6): Error: cannot implicitly convert expression & tan of type real function(real x) pure nothrow @nogc @trusted to double function(double)
but apparently this is an LDC-only problem]

You've got to be using an older LDC version; v1.12 does define tan() for all 3 FP types.

I'd also like to know the proper/best way to deal with the error

Long-term? Definitely adding the missing implementations to std.math ;), continuing my work here: https://github.com/dlang/phobos/pull/6272
Short-term, I'd go with tiny wrappers.