On Saturday, 10 May 2014 at 06:53:07 UTC, Paulo Pinto wrote:
Am 10.05.2014 08:27, schrieb Manu via Digitalmars-d:
On 10 May 2014 07:05, Wyatt via Digitalmars-d

The problem when comparing iOS with Android, is that we aren't comparing ARC with GC.

We are comparing a full OS, which we don't know how much ARC is actually used versus standard malloc/new with another OS, which has a so-and-so VM implementation, used mostly software rendering until version 4.1, and care for low end devices was only done in 4.4.

If we add Windows Phone to the mix, then we have a .NET stack like Android (WP7 - GC/JIT) or in its sucessor (WP8) native code generation for .NET (GC) with a COM model for OS APIs (ARC).

Both versions of Windows Phone run smoother that many Android phones, even the WP7 ones.

Not saying you are not right, just that we need to look at the whole stack when comparing mobile OS, not just GC vs ARC.

--
Paulo

+1
--