On Monday, 25 August 2014 at 14:41:48 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad wrote:
On Monday, 25 August 2014 at 14:27:55 UTC, ketmar via Digitalmars-d wrote:
On Mon, 25 Aug 2014 14:15:09 +0000
via Digitalmars-d <digitalmars-d@puremagic.com> wrote:

C++ is using the OOP model of SIMULA, which did invent OOP! So I'd say the way C++ does OOP is how it was invented.
and Smalltalk does OOP the way it should be done. ;-)

I haven't used Smalltalk, but can't say it looks pretty… But I probably shouldn't judge by looks, it is the personality that counts!

Smalltalk is great, specially as operating system.

I used SmalltalkWorks, before Java was concieved.

It was the closest I ever been of the Xerox PARC OS experience.

The UNIX CLI experience is nothing, compared to the possibility to touch the whole system and use any public class/method on your scripts (transcript).

My second experience with such enviroments was with Oberon, Wirth based his work on Mesa/Cedar. Imagine just having dynamic loadable modules as executables. All exported functions could be used in the REPL, applied to OS widgets or user selections, depending on the signature.

--
Paulo