On Saturday, 20 December 2014 at 07:26:30 UTC, Manu via Digitalmars-d wrote:
Thank you.

I get so frustrated by the apparent majority in this forum who seem to think 'most' programmers are the type who would even read or post on a forum like this. Or read a programming book! They must surely be the
overwhelming minority.

I am well-aware that people who actually have a passion for programming are tiny minority. Though many still read programming books because that adds some weight for career advancement requests.

But you call to support interests of those programmers at cost of interests of existing users - something absolutely impractical at current language development stage. Trying to explain why this expectation is not reasonable and not just is the least hostile reaction I can give.

Whatever Andrei says, there is no benefit in blindly pumping user base if you don't have resources to support it. I also remember him saying "want million users, build as if you had million users". Well, currently we don't truly build even for thousand users.

You have been stressing those cases for several years now. Have you actually contributed anything to DMD to improve debug symbol generation seeing how this is important to you?

I keep asking you simple question you avoid answering - who personally should work to address your concerns? Those are all legit concerns and I doubt anyone would willingly prefer to keep things as they are. But who will do it if apparently you are the person who needs it most and you don't want to do it?