On Thursday, 19 February 2015 at 23:59:14 UTC, Kingsley wrote:
I use Dgame which has a really nice and simple interface

http://rswhite.de/dgame4/

From the web page:

Dgame is a 2D framework which is based on the SDL and OpenGL, and is designed for the D programming language. The design is based on Pygame and as well on the SFML from the C++ programming language.

Cheers,
Stew

I'm looking at DGame - I'm on osx - so I guess I have to build all the dependencies myself <sigh> - Once I get it installed and working - it looks like it may be enough for what I want.

I guess I'll have to make it work with dub myself to make it easier to get started with.

DGame has a dependency on Derelict 3 - but going to the link provided says that project is no longer maintained and doesn't work with the latest DMD compiler. It points to a new location where there are multiple different Derelict libraries - I'm hoping DGame will work with one of those still.