On Tuesday, 7 April 2015 at 19:46:07 UTC, Ary Borenszweig wrote:
On 4/7/15 3:34 PM, deadalnix wrote:
On Tuesday, 7 April 2015 at 18:01:53 UTC, Ary Borenszweig wrote:
On 4/7/15 2:16 PM, deadalnix wrote:
On Tuesday, 7 April 2015 at 08:58:57 UTC, ixid wrote:
Or to be more consistent with UFCS:

foreach (name; names.parallel) {
  name.writeln;
}

no.please

wat

unreadable.is.ufcs.using.over

Yes, I don't like "writeln" being used with UFCS, it's an abuse.

My point is that every language has WATs :-)

Why is it 'an abuse'? Do you special case any other functions or is names.parallel unacceptable as well? Are longer chains ending in writeln acceptable or do you insist in putting the whole chain inside a parens writeln?

name.reverse.writeln

or

writeln(name.reverse)

or surely that would break your dislike of single UFCS arguments so you should stick to:

writeln(reverse(name))

Which is proper yoda speak.