Am 11.05.2015 um 16:21 schrieb Martin Nowak:

Can you elaborate a bit on that?
How would you run into such an ODR violation, by linking against
multiple import libraries that contain the same symbol?

I will post some code examples later. Code usually shows the issue best.

Last time we thought about this we came to the conclusion that global
uniqueness for symbols isn't possible, even on Unix when you have 2
comdat/weak typeinfos for template classes in 2 different shared
libraries but not in the executable. I suggested that we could wrap
typeinfos for template types in something like TypeInfo_Comdat that
would do a equality comparison based on name and type size.

Do you have a code example for this issue? I wasn't able to produce a duplicate symbol with linux shared libraries yet.