On 3/23/2016 3:53 AM, Bruno Medeiros wrote:
On 23/03/2016 10:51, Bruno Medeiros wrote:
OMG, this irrelevant, flamebait thread.

One thing I like with Rust is that they have a modern forum software
(discourse.org) for their community forums, in particular one that
requires registration and an associated email (unlike newsgroups where
anyone can post and emails can be spoofed easily). Even though this
registration is easy, this seems to deter a lot of these random,
anonymous, quasi-troll accounts with not much to say. (I'm not talking
about karabuta specifically but other posters in general, in this thread
and other threads)

Ugh, I'm getting quite used to being able to correct spelling errors in my posts
too, and I can't do it with the newsgroups.

No spelling checker seems to deter a lot of these random, anonymous, poor spellers :-)

Newsgroups are like the C++ of forum technology...

Don't conflate the NNTP protocol with the shortcomings of whatever newsreader you're using. Mine, for example, does spell checking. (Thunderbird FWIW)