I just got word about Sparrow (from its creator no less):

presentation_offline_Sparrow.pdf - https://db.tt/m2WwpxIY
Speak.mp4 - https://db.tt/RDmrlEu7
ThesisLucTeo.pdf - https://db.tt/1ylGHuc1

An interesting language that shares a lot of D's vision and features. The languages differ in a few aspects: Sparrow has a much more flexible syntax allowing a variety of custom operators. (I happen to disagree that's a good thing as I believe highly flexible syntax easily leads to transmission noise code). On the plus side Sparrow has a smoother integration of compile-time vs. run-time computation, which makes it a bit easier to transition from one to another. Another feature we could consider adding to D is a simple definition of concepts as complex Boolean predicates. That's essentially identical to isForwardRange etc. etc. but makes for simpler use of these predicates.