On Wednesday, 6 April 2016 at 13:15:48 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
On the plus side Sparrow has a smoother integration of compile-time vs. run-time computation, which makes it a bit easier to transition from one to another.

Aside from the explicit annotations, I don't see how their solution is more flexible than D's CTFE, but I might be missing something.

What I think could be really interesting is a unification of functions and templates. Template argument inference aside, a template is basically just a memoized pure function that can take types as arguments and/or return them. It would be interesting to have a language that uses CTFE as its only "template" mechanism.