On 7/18/2016 6:48 AM, Andrew Godfrey wrote:
We risk scaring away potential community members, and alienating existing ones,
by the way we say "no" to proposals for breaking changes. We could improve how
we say "no", by having a place to point people to. Potential topics:

Anything we do will risk scaring away people. The only answer is we have to do what is right.

3) Why we feel that breaking changes risk killing D outright. (I just don't see
it. I wonder if we're confusing "dfixable" breaking changes, with other more
disruptive kinds (such as Tango=>Phobos).)

Because if you thoroughly break a person's code, you put them in a position of rewriting it, and they may not choose to rewrite it in D3. They may choose a more stable language.

I have many older programs in different languages. It's nice if they recompile and work. It's not nice if I have to go figure out how they work again so I can get them to work again.