On 21.09.2016 19:57, HaraldZealot wrote:

So if someone has real rationale not to have operator overloading as
external function I'm curios to arguments.

[1] http://dlang.org/rationale.html

There is no technical reason that would make the implementation of this feature difficult, if that is your question.

Basically, the rationale is: external operators cannot be used in generic code that does not import the module defining the operators. C++ works around this using ADL. Walter (justifiably) does not like ADL, hence the limitation.

(I don't agree with that line of reasoning: obviously this is not only an issue for operators, but for any UFCS function; operators are mere syntactic sugar.)