On Wednesday, 21 September 2016 at 21:14:15 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:

Thank you both, I see now.

So it seems to be essential point. But because we already have the same problem with UFCS, I don't see why we should prohibit external overloading of operator, it is just inequality (in political sense) for operators :)

In any case we at least should change rationale, because current three points are have nothing with real problem and shouldn't be obstacle.

But probably the best solution is implementing external operator overloading, just to omit special case. And problem with generic code solve independently for all UFCS functions including operators.