On Sunday, 9 October 2016 at 20:33:29 UTC, Era Scarecrow wrote:
Something coming to mind is the idea of making a small algorithm to be used with other already existing encryption functions to extend the blocksize of encryption with minimal complexity growth.

For fun I'm experimenting with this. So far seems fairly promising, although I'm sure I'm writing it very insecurely. Maybe it would be better for random number generation rather than secure encryption? Not sure.

Anyways, 16bit replacement, extending to 64bit via reordering, and 8 unique xor's between stages. Once I get the 576 block finished (1 for salt) I'll probably publish my ugly code for consideration and to be torn apart for security issues.