Dne 19.10.2016 v 01:02 Ali Çehreli via Digitalmars-d napsal(a):

I have a friend who has started writing a library in D.

Although I recommended that he should use a recent dmd or ldc, he thinks gdc is a better candidate because it's "available to the masses" through Linux distros similar to how gcc is.
No, gdc is not part of gcc, so there is no difference between ldc or gdc (dmd has some license issue for some package maintainers). I have looked at top 10 linux distro at distrowatch.com and in every of them (excluding centos), there are packages for ldc and gdc, but in OpenSuse there is only ldc. So from that point ldc is much more available to the masses