On 10/20/2016 04:16 PM, Karabuta wrote:
On Thursday, 20 October 2016 at 19:52:32 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
On 10/20/2016 03:48 PM, Karabuta wrote:
On Thursday, 20 October 2016 at 14:04:06 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
On 10/20/2016 07:38 AM, Nick Treleaven wrote:
On Sunday, 16 October 2016 at 16:07:19 UTC, Nick Treleaven wrote:
[...]

https://github.com/dlang/dlang.org/pull/1500

I think it would be best if we kept both. -- Andrei

Test using bottom- up approach. Test on a newbie.

We ought to test on different newbies with different sensibilities.
The PR replaces one style of doing things with another. For some the
first style may be more pleasant than the second ("you mean I need to

Generally. All examples you assume will be effective for beginners.

We can't assume all beginners come from imperative languages. D beginners may come from languages where the idiomatic way of doing things is by means of pipelines. Generally it's not worth debating this because there's so little evidence to dwell on - please let's keep both and move with our lives. Thanks! -- Andrei