On 11/10/2016 09:31 AM, Dicebot wrote:
On 11/10/2016 06:07 AM, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
Its things like that. I'd be surprised if that has much to do with git's
nature as a "dumb" DAG tool. It's just the general good-design principle
of "The thing you *want to* or *should* do or *expect* 99% of the time
should be the DEFAULT, not the obscure incantation".

I think it is related, but is not necessary consequence. My
understanding is that for a long time command line design was given zero
thoughts on its own - it was directly exposing whatever git does
internally with no usability considerations. Which is why it is so
awkward to use unless you really do know internal object model in great
details.

Yea, see that's the stuff I mean when I say I dislike git's CLI, and would really like to fix with a front-end. A few years back, someone here compared it to driving a car by leaning under the hood pulling on various wires. I like that comparison. Git always did give off that kinda feel to me.

Somebody else pointed out gitless. At a quick glance, it looks like it has at least some potential. I'll have to take a closer look. Although I suspect I'll find a bunch of "oh, hmm, I'd have done that differently" just because...well, I tend to be like that ;)