On Thursday, 27 July 2017 at 16:56:14 UTC, ketmar wrote:
Mike Parker wrote:

DIP 1012 is titled "Attributes".

https://github.com/dlang/DIPs/blob/master/DIPs/DIP1012.md

All review-related feedback on and discussion of the DIP should occur in this thread. The review period will end at 11:59 PM ET on August 10 (3:59 AM GMT August 11), or when I make a post declaring it complete.

At the end of Round 1, if further review is deemed necessary, the DIP will be scheduled for another round. Otherwise, it will be queued for the formal review and evaluation by the language authors.

Thanks in advance to all who participate.

Destroy!

didn't get the rationale of the DIP at all. the only important case -- attribute cancelation -- is either missing, or so well-hidden that i didn't found it (except fast mention). everything other looks like atronautical complexity for the sake of having some "abstract good" (that is, for all my years of using D as the only lanugage i'm writing code into, i never had any need to "group defaults" or something -- only to selectively cancel attrs).

tl;dr: ketmar absolutely didn't got what this DIP is about.

Hmm, maybe a "last applied wins" could work, although this may require some complex changes to the compiler if the order that attributes apply is unspecified.

As in reply to a sibling comment the change is very simple: keyword- like function attributes instead become regular attributes.