On Tuesday, 13 February 2018 at 01:20:57 UTC, Jakub Łabaj wrote:
https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/organizations/
Seems like we didn't make it this year :(

Is there any feedback from Google when they don't accept an organisation?

Zero feedback.

Do you think that maybe they don't perceive D as a viable option or just the projects could have been defined better?

Well, Google traditionally has a bias for projects or tools that they internally use (e.g. gRPC or Python). According to them they also try to prefer projects which have never been a GSoC organization and if you browse the list there are quite a few "no-names" in there. In the end its a very subjective decision and imho the application was a lot stronger than in 2016.

Anyhow, I'm really sorry that we didn't get accepted this year. Sometimes one just has bad luck :/

To give the bad news positives ones too: I'm currently investigating to extend the Research Scholarships [1] the D Language Foundation offers to students of the UPB to all students. Nothing official yet, but there could be a DLang Winter of Code if everything works out ;-)

[1] https://dlang.org/foundation/upb-scholarship.html