On Tuesday, 13 February 2018 at 02:12:10 UTC, Seb wrote:
On Tuesday, 13 February 2018 at 01:59:16 UTC, psychoticRabbit wrote:
Second, I don't get it. Are you saying D Foundation currently only provides such to students of UPB?

https://dlang.org/blog/2016/12/05/the-d-language-foundations-scholarship-program/

You gotta start somewhere ;-)

ok.. but I've never heard of UPB. Where is Romania anyway? Is that one of those little islands in the pacific?

In any case, I think it would be great if the foundation setup a process whereby everyday people can contribute funds to projects. Those projects need to be approved and costed. Funds upto those 'per project costs' get accepted, then contributions are no longer accepted for that project - (otherwise contributions will exceed the cost of the project).

The projects once approved, could be published for people to see, and then people decide if they want to contribute. Then the commuinity of contributors essentially get to decide which projects are worthwhile - i.e those that get funded by contributors.

Essentially, crowd sourcing, and stop replying on big corporations to decide what is worthwhile and what is not.