On Tuesday, 15 May 2018 at 14:52:46 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
Sadly with(WithAlloc!alloc) doesn't work. (If you have to use withAlloc.func everywhere, it kind of destroy the point, doesn't it?)

It seems opDispatch isn't being used in the with statement. That seems like a bug, or maybe a limitation. I'm not sure how "with" works, but I assumed it would try calling as a member, and then if it doesn't work, try the call normally. Probably it's checking to see if it has that member first.

Annoying...

-Steve

Yeah I tried it with opDispatch but it didn't work. I vaguely remember some changes being made to how lookup is done in the past year or so... but I can't find the PR in question.