On Friday, 13 July 2018 at 21:49:57 UTC, rikki cattermole wrote:
On 14/07/2018 9:28 AM, Manu wrote:
I've already contributed other points to this DIP in the way you describe. This one however is very strange, and I'm surprised you can find the hand-wavy introduction of a new attribute without any sense of where it's going to be okay. Or maybe, I'm surprised I'm the only one that
finds problem with that.

You are very much not alone.

I didn't articulate it very clearly, but I am super not happy with such a new attribute.

I'm not crazy about it either, but it may be a necessary evil to avoid breaking code (although it doesn't entirely avoid that, as has been demonstrated).