On Saturday, 14 July 2018 at 10:53:17 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:

I now deeply regret ever telling Razvan to mention future possible directions. This DIP must do implicit copy constructors and do it well, nothing less and nothing more.

Strongly agree with this.
In my review on Github I had a few sentences about this, but I removed them because I thought it may be perceived wrong. I find it almost completely irrelevant to add a "future directions" discussion to a DIP. If a DIP is incomplete, then finish it. Other than that, a DIP should stand completely on its own, regardless of speculation on future directions.

-Johan