On Saturday, 11 August 2018 at 20:15:06 UTC, Mike Franklin wrote:
On Saturday, 11 August 2018 at 18:59:00 UTC, Aruna Maurya wrote:

[...]

The compiler recognizes certain expressions and lowers them to functions in the D runtime that we call runtime hooks. See https://wiki.dlang.org/Runtime_Hooks for an unmaintained, but still relevant, list of some of them.

[...]

So there are essentially two requirements here. Building the memory management functionalities from scratch in idiomatic D and implementing the existing runtime hooks as templates. The latter isn't quite a part of the idea as mentioned on the page.

Also I see in one of the above replies that malloc and free have been already implemented. So is that off the shelf or still available for implementation?

[...]

Thanks for the resource! Will go through it and get back in case of any doubts.

[...]