On Sunday, 12 August 2018 at 05:24:56 UTC, Mike Franklin wrote:
On Sunday, 12 August 2018 at 04:16:24 UTC, Aruna Maurya wrote:

[...]

I'd say there is only 1 requirement: implementing `malloc`, `realloc`, and `free` in idiomatic D without any dependencies on other libraries from other languages.

[...]
Also what about other implementations like memset or memcmp. Have they been implemented or require work from scratch?

But, how does it perform? In order to make the case for using these D implementations in druntime, we'll have to gather some metrics on the implementations in terms of performance, memory fragmentation, etc. and ensure they are on par with the C standard library implementations or alternative implementations like jemalloc and tcmalloc?

[...]

So the only option to implement the above is to go through Eugene's code, take some measurements and see if it can be improved.

Perhaps the D implementations can be enhanced to provide compile-time or runtime tuning parameters to achieve better performance in different use cases.

[...]
That's totally okay. Your every comment is making the idea more clearer!

[...]