On Saturday, 22 September 2018 at 19:59:42 UTC, Erik van Velzen wrote:
Nobody in this thread so far has said they are programming in non-ASCII.

This is the obvious observation bias I alluded to before: of course people who don't read and write English aren't in this thread, since they cannot read or write the English used in this thread! Ditto for bugzilla.

Absence of evidence CAN be evidence of absence... but not when the absence is so easily explained by our shared bias.

Neia Neutuladh posted one link. I have seen Japanese D code before on twitter, but cannot find it now (surely because the search engines also share this bias). Perhaps those are the only two examples in existence, but I stand by my belief that we must reach out to these other communities somehow and do a proper, proactive study before dismissing the possibility.