--- In digitalradio@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Bernstein" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I don't believe that PSK31, PSK63, or RTTY are the best that can be
> done on HF-- but no protocol attractive enough to displace them has
> yet been developed.

I think, too, that each has its place.  RTTY was once our only keyboard
mode.  Now it is still in use mostly for DX and contests, where the very
rapid turnaround is important and you don't care if you get a lot of
errors so long as what you get looks like what you want to get.

PSK-31 is the "new RTTY" as a general conversational mode.  PSK-63
for those who can type faster, but that doesn't seem to be very many
of us.

Olivia is really impressive under poor conditions.  If only it were
not so slow - I forget how slow it is and type up a big buffer full
and then get bored waiting for it to go out.

Feld-Hell is fun because it is quaint.

I'm still waiting to make a contact using flarq or ALE-400.