  From: Music Maker
  To: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Tuesday, January 05, 2010 7:41 AM
  Subject: [digitalradio] Re: IZ8BLY's PSK63F + PSKFEC31

  Glenn,

  99% will always use PSK  31  ...  ???    -   Only 3% will try something new
?? ... !!

  I assume that this survey for percentages, was completed after we switched
from using teleprinters and RTTY or to  Packet, AMTOR, or even back in the good
old days when we stopped using AM and started using SSB  (We used to call it
'Phone').

  I suspect a lot more than 3% have open minds to evaluate different advances,
or that 99% will always use the same mode.

  If not,  then we would still be using separate Transmitters with a apark gap
and Receivers with a crystal and Cats whisker, and sending each other Morse.

  At least in those days we didn't have Call Signs, .... We all knew each
other, and Pontious Pilot was an Air Cadet !!!

  73's

  John

  www.John4Music.TV

  --- In digitalradio@yahoogroups.com, "Glenn L. Roeser" <hillbillietr...@...>
wrote:

  > It seems to me that we have been down this road before comparing the
different digital modes. One thing is for certain, no matter what modes there
are that may do much better than PSK31, 99% of all operators will always use
PSK31.
  > It is almost impossible to get more than 3% of the operators to try
something new.
  > Very 73 to all, Glenn (WB2LMV)

shall be exercised and will be very useful at marginal conditions.