--- In digitalradio@yahoogroups.com, Dave Wright <hfradio...@...> wrote:

> http://www.arrl.org/news/stories/2010/03/04/11377/?nc=1

Quoted:

The ARRL supports -- as one of the basic purposes of Amateur Radio -- the
experimentation and advancing the technical skills of operators. The
development and use of any new mode is exciting to many amateurs, and the
League encourage amateurs to experiment within the parameters of the rules;
however, the ARRL also reminds US licensees that according to Section 97.307,
spread spectrum communications are only permissible in the US on frequencies
above 222 MHz.

Uhm, it looks like the same declaration Pontius Pilate (see i.e.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pontius_pilate) released to the community 2010
years ago.
Similar things occurred to Giordano Bruno, a phylosopher which has been
evaporated in a public pyre some centuries ago by our local institutions.

Of course we need to regulate the access to our bands.
But should we need to comply with rules that has been written tens years ago?
What forbid us to take on our shoulder the weight of experimenting something
more modern than a RTTY technology which is based on what has been experimented
almost one century ago?

Are we cows? Should we not exploit the knowledges which matured in these last
years? Should we be constrained to collect vacuum tube receivers and show them
proudly to our retired friends?
Should we ignore that a HF channel is a smart object with its delay and doppler
spread.
What kind of experiments could we do if we are allowed to make experiments
which pretend we are still in the '60s?
How could we claim that the amateur radio service could bring innovation in
communications if we are not allowed to test our ideas?

Questions. I'm just asking myself these simple questions.
I'd be sad if they hurt someone sensitivity. That's not my scope.
I'm just trying to imagine our future.

73s
Nico / IV3NWV