From: KH6TY <kh...@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [digitalradio] 1976 FCC - Delete all Emission Types from Part 97
To: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com
Date: Monday, March 8, 2010, 1:40 PM

Trouble is, many digital ops may not listen to the band, and CW is not
easily read visually on a waterfall, except at very slow speeds.

FWIW - some food for thought - I spotted an old friend, PJ2MI, using
MFSK16 on 17M a couple of days ago, only because he was sending a CQ
using video ID with both his call and mode. I would probably not known
he was there if the had not sent the video ID, as I was in Olivia at
the time. I had not worked 17m before and was looking for Olivia
stations, not MFSK16. Of course the MFSK16 footprint is recognizable,
but not who it is.

73 - Skip KH6TY

Warren Moxley wrote:

        "something
simple like “QRL”
in CW, or 3-seconds of carrier at ~1 khz.)"

At least this is an idea.

Let's here more brain storming, even ones that sound silly at first
might or can be modified to a solution or cause someone else to think
in an entirely new way.

--- On Mon, 3/8/10, Dave AA6YQ <aa...@ambersoft. com>
“Universal QRL signal” is something simple like “QRL”
in CW, or 3-seconds of carrier at ~1 khz.)

             73,

                  Dave, 8P9RY

          From:
digitalradio@ yahoogroups. com [mailto:digitalradi o...@yahoogroups. com] On