On 10/14/2016 03:28 PM, Bojun Sun wrote:
Do *both* of your USRPs exhibit this behavior when used individually on
Maybe this is a basic question but I've been searching for the
solution for a long time. Thanks in advance for helping me. Here is my
I'm using one laptop connection method to connect two USRP 2920 with
MIMO cable. When I plug Ethernet cable into my laptop, no LED light of
the Ethernet port on USRP is on.
Methods I tried:
* removed and connected the ethernet cable again for several times
-- didn't work
* removed and connected the power supply cables for several times --
* used command "uhd_find_devices" in Terminal to check the hardware
connection, turned out "No UHD Devices Found"
* tried command "ifconfig" in Terminal but it didn't show the
* tried couple of ethernet configuration commands in Terminal --
Previous work I did:
* Successfully burned N210 firmware and FPGA images into both USRPs
* Connected to another laptop with Ubuntu 12.04 OS, it can
successfully recognize the USRPs; however, I have to use my laptop
to finish the project.
* Used Ethernet cable to connect to my network, it worked
* Tried another laptop with Ubuntu Kylin 16.04 32-bit and had same
My question is: is it an USRP problem or my OS ethernet setting up
problem? if it is my OS problem, how to solve it?
My system info:
* Using latest GNU Radio (I think, because I followed the
installation step by using "apt-get install gnuradio")
* UHD version: 3.010 (followed "package manager method" from:
* OS: Ubuntu 16.04 64-bit
* Two USRP 2920s connected by MIMO cable
Thanks and regards,
Does your laptop have a 1GiGe port, or a 100BaseT port? USRPs support
only 1GiGe (and 10GiGe on the X3xx series).
Discuss-gnuradio mailing list