Hi, :-)

On Mon, Nov 22, 2010 at 20:31, Rene Engelhard
<rene.engelh...@documentfoundation.org> wrote:
> Nope. Really, I expect anybody having root on a Debian-based system to know
> dpkg. Seriously.

Oh, Wow! What if you're an end user who needs a computer just to do
work on? Does every Linux user have to be a hard-core geek? And if you
own a Windows system, should one study for Microsoft certification
before shelling out you money? :-D

OK, don't answer that! Please! I was just kidding! :-)

Someone helped me solve this same problem for an Ubuntu system. I'll
draft a how-to over the next few days, file a bug and suggest it for
inclusion in the Linux downloads.

HTH.

David Nelson